How to Apply for Your S-Corp’s EIN

To apply for an EIN for your S-corp, you will need to provide basic information about your business, including its legal name (as it appears on tax returns), DBA (or “doing business as” name, used on signs), and the name of a responsible person (one of the main shareholders or owners, who must be a human being). You will also need to provide the responsible person’s tax ID number and contact details. Additionally, you will need to indicate the type of business structure (choose “corporation” even if you are an S-corp), note if your S-corp is also an LLC and the state where it was formed, and provide details about your company (including the state or country where it was formed). You will also need to indicate why you are applying for an EIN, provide information about your employees (including the number and anticipated withholding tax), and describe the nature of your business (choosing from a list of common industries). The application will guide you through these steps and provide a list of common answers to make the process easier.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *